Tuesday, September 25, 2007

woohoooo!

So. I realize I owe you many *many* more pictures than you're going to receive here tonight.... but you're just going to have to make do with what you get. I have been crazy busy over the last month, what with the whole moving across the country thing and starting a new job and all. So deal with it, kids.

You know you love me.

These pictures were all taken and/or downloaded with the new phone, which I am LOVING, by the way. In case you care. :)

So we must transport back in time... back to the weekend before my last half week of work in Dallas. Christina treated me to some fun and drinking at two of my/our favorite local dive establishments... First Sneaky Pete's, where we (and by "we", I mean "she") stole approximately 25 plastic cups from behind the bar - for my new apartment. Yeah baby. Then it was on to the good ol' Flying Pig. Man, I'm gonna miss that place. Here is what we looked like after several (and by "several", I mean "SEVERAL") beers. Thanks for the not-so-steady picture-taking, CW...


A few short days later, I was done with work, and ready to tackle a few necessary last-minute tasks before skipping town: hair cut/color and car service. Here's me taking a picture of my new "blonde again" hair in the bathroom at the Chevy dealer. Don't ask about the seductive face... I'm basically just a spaz.



And finally the day came to hit the road. I had my mom take a picture of good ol' ClubCorp as we passed by... it is, after all, what got me here. *sniff* ;)

After a few days of us (and by "us", I mean "my mom") unpacking , shopping, and drinking wine, it was time to take Mom to the airport. It was a little sad, but being that I'm 28 and had been living at home now for 3 years, it was time to say goodbye. ;)

Feeling a little lonely that afternoon, and because I'm crazy in love with this man:

I hit the movies to see Becoming Jane. Again.

(Yes, that *is* an actual picture taken in the movie theater. You know I am that big of a dork.)

Then........................ it was off to VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the poor picture quality. I took that after having several (and by "several", I mean "more than should be physically capable for a girl of my size") of these:

That, children, is the greatest thing to ever touch my lips. (Sorry Dolan, you've been demoted.) It is a Cucumber Passion Fruit Martini, and I made Sean go back to the Japonais Lounge at the Mirage EVERY NIGHT we were in Vegas because I was SO IN LOVE with this damn drink. The word "addicted" comes to mind.

What is the BEST thing to do the morning after drinking too much in Las Vegas? If you guessed the Buffet at the Bellagio, you'd be *almost* right. The correct answer, of course, is: sit by the pool and read/text/peoplewatch!!!!!!!!


The pool at the Venetian is pretty crazy crowded. This day we were lucky to get seats together! And damnit if that LV sun is strong. Wooooooooo!!!! Feels like I need a fruity rum cocktail..... ;)

And of course we were i town the same week/end as the MTV VMAs. Kanye West was hosting a huge party at Tao Beach at the Venetian on Saturday night. When did we leave the Vegas? Saturday morning. Blast! I guess my rendezvous with Justin will have to wait a little longer...... (and by "rendezvous", I mean.......)

So......... Got back "home" to Nashville and was sick as a dog. What a great way to start my new job! The first week (and by "week", I mean "two weeks") were overwhelming and frustrating and anxiety-inducing and exhausting and fun. I think this job and I will get along great. Once I get into a groove, of course. :)

I had to wait until my first weekend actually at home in my new apartment to get my cable hooked up... and good thing I did, because that Sunday CLINT BOWYER won the NASCAR race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohooooooo!! Yay Clint baby!!! :)

My SECOND weekend here (which was this past weekend, for those of you keeping score at home), I worked on my homemade present for Jackie, who will be giving birth in a few short weeks (yay!). I actually have a picture of my progress on said present, but I can't post it. She may know what it is, but I don't want her to SEE IT YET!!!!! (Love you JC!) Anyway. I was using rubberbands for this project, and it seems I overstretched the limits of one. It snapped in half. Right on my neck. Look closely. Can you see the sick welt?!?!!

I still have a red burn/scar thing right there on my neck/collarbone area. The things I do for my friends...... ;)

Aaaaaand lastly. You didn't think you were going to escape this long-anticipated entry without a single word or photo of Princess Stella, did you?! Here she is, all settled in and comfy on my (and by "my", I mean "her") bed in her new home.


She's looking at me as if to say "Get off the damn computer already... it's past your bedtime!" It sure is, kids. I gots to get me to bed. Another 12-hour workday for me tomorrow!!!

Love you all. Kisses!!!

No comments: