Thursday, November 1, 2007

update!

So. I'm back. And I've brought photos.

I realized I had a bunch of pictures from my LV hotel room at the Venetian that I never showed you. This room was amazing. It was bigger than my apartment. So sad. :) But here is a virtual tour for you!!!








Just a few short weeks after my last post, Christina came into town for a visit! It was a great excuse for me to finish unpacking the last few boxes I had lingering in the apartment. Thanks for the incentive - and the visit!!! :)

After picking C up at the airport on Friday night, we drove around town a bit (what little bit of town I knew at that point), and ended up at Rumba for some yummy tapas and fantastic rum drink that were served in pint glasses - yay!


Erin met us out a bit later, and the three of us enjoyed some gossip, laughs, and several more rum drinks!


After a relaxing day of exploring, shopping, and lunch with Christina's friend Ashley, we assembled a large (and rather intimidating) group of girls for a big night out in Nashville. First stop: Broadway Brewhouse for some beer and some milkshake-y type thing that I can't remember what it was called. Then it was off to RuSans for some sushi!



After that we stopped by the club for a world-famous Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Martini, and to get the boys in the kitchen to meet us out later. Then we hopped over to Demonbreun and graced Dan McGuinness with our presence (and dancing)!! Erin met us out again, and I was glad to have another non-dancer to hang back and make fun of people with! Love you, E!

The night got much more interesting after that, but I'm going to just keep that to myself. :D In fact, I have some photo evidence... but in the interest of protecting the (not so) innocent, I'm just going to leave them be. :)


The following week was the Nashville City Club's 50th Anniversary Gala. My first big event... and I only had a few short weeks in which to plan it! So needless to say I had a stressful workweek after Christina's visit. But the gala was beautiful, and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time! (I say "seemed" because after the aforementioned stress week, I *may* have partaken of one too many glasses of champagne with my special white chocolate-covered strawberries...) But you'd never know it... from the photos OR my lack of hangover the next day! Yay me!






Switching gears... a random photo from 2 weeks ago after I went shopping to restock my fridge with the essentials. Can you tell what the essentials are? ;) And yes, I am rather OCD... is it that obvious?! ;)




Mandatory Stella photo! Doing what she does best these days! Damn me for working 12 hour days and leaving my poor girl to rot all alone in the apartment.... she has such a rough life.



Annnnnnd finally. The Totally 80s Halloween Party. What fun!




My 1983 Prom Queen outfit was exceedingly itchy and the shoes were about 2 1/2 sizes too big, so as soon as the crowd thinned out a bit, it was back into the wifebeater and jeans!

And for those keeping score, I was only 4 in 1983.

Well there you have it, folks! Another massive, yet doesn't-do-it-justice update on my life these days! I've opted to leave out all the scandal... sorry. No juicy gossip for you today! :)

Love you all. Talk to you the next time I come up for air!!!

No comments: